12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
New York Public Library – Grand Central Library
135 East 46th Street
New York, NY 10017
Networking/LinkedIn for Job/Career Success
We have all heard that networking is still one of the most powerful methods of connecting to career/job opportunities and will most likely stay that way forever. But most people don’t know how to effectively build and use a network to increase their odds of connecting to opportunities. Having a strong network is important for everyone whether you’re employed or in a job search.
- What is networking?
- Is networking effective?
- What are some of today’s tools to support building a network
- What is LinkedIn and why is it so powerful?
- Understanding the sections of a LinkedIn Profile.
- Methods to connect to people and build a strong network.
- How to use your LinkedIn network for your job/career search or promotions.
Seminar will be approx. 2 hours, with a Q & A session