► This holiday season, give a gift that matters by teaming a college graduate with a career services coach who can increase their chances of landing the job they deserve and desire. Teaming with the right career coach can make a world of difference as new grads transition from the classroom to the workplace. Up until now, most things in a student’s life have been structured, and now they find themselves thrown into a job search with little or no guidance.
► Colleges and universities do provide some level of assistance on how to conduct job searches and create resumes, but many are underfunded and understaffed and thus can’t give individual support to each graduate. Things have changed in the way we manage our careers, and many college career centers are out of date on the best practices in resumes and cover letters, the role of social media and LinkedIn, and ways to network into and communicate with future employers. The average cost of a four-year college degree, including supplies and room and board, is now $91K to $179K. Backing up this huge investment with career services to increase your odds of hearing “You’re hired” is a wise choice.
► How can a career coach/resume writer make a difference?
- Creating value-based resumes rich in keywords that speak to humans and pass the ATS (Applicant Tracking Software) robots that determine which resumes get read by the hiring team.
- Crafting branded LinkedIn profiles that get noticed for the right reasons. In today’s job market, it’s just as important to be discovered/found for an unknown opportunity as it is to find one to apply for.
- Designing cover letters that connect to the company’s mission, values, history, and culture.
- LinkedIn coaching to learn best practices and techniques to maximize. the power of LinkedIn
- Job search coaching to create strategic approaches that maximize your effort and prevent a haphazard approach.
- Mock interviewing to prepare for interviews so that you can turn them into job offers.
- Advice and coaching to help climb the career ladder and prepare for future jobs and promotions.
► Don’t send your college grads out alone into today’s job search world. Arm them with the tools, knowledge, support, and confidence they need to improve their results.
Reach out to your favorite certified career professional for coaching and resume support.
Feel free to schedule a no-obligation call with me to review how my team can support your grad in their job search and what services to include on you gift of career.
Visit my online calendar link to schedule a time at https://my.timetrade.com/book/GD9YK
✅ LinkedIn Strategist ✅ CPRW (Certified Professional Resume Writer) ✅ CCMC (Certified Career Management Coach) ✅ CEIP (Certified Employment Interview Professional) ✅ CDCC (Certified DISCstyles™ Communication Consultant) ✅ CSBA (Certified Social Branding Analyst) ✅ JANP (Just A Nice Person)